Skip to main content

Flemish oil technique stage 1

Oil on MDF - 10 x 10 inches

You were several to ask me how to work like Flemish masters of the 15-16th century. So, I choose this pleasant composition to explain the different steps. I have to write here that I'm not an art teacher and I'm sure that you will be able to find a better teacher than me, because my English is purely horrible. ^^

I prepare my support first. I gessoed it 8 times. 4 layers and I sand. I do it twice.

It's time to draw your composition. Very Important Thing : don't forget to ink your drawing because when you will paint your first under layer with turpentine and ochre, the graphite will disappear. Below, this is the result. Generally, this layer dries very fast.

The first layer with ochre and turpentine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My paintings on the Move

This Monday, it has left my studio to be installed in a very pleasant home in Australia. ^^





















In the same time, this little gem is now in the house of a pretty princess with her 2 cats in Washington. Everywhere Post works, you may receive one of my paintings. ;-)




Simply an apple

This pleasant small piece on wood will be sent tomorrow to the United Kingdom. :-)


Lemons and leaves

Waooh !! I was very happy to have on-lined this large piece that it was immediately sold. So this pleasant composition was sent the same day to the United Kingdom. ^^












In the same time, I continue to work on paintings for my YouTube film. I think it will be pleasant. ^^